Website Penetration Testing: its need and the Process
The action of detecting security vulnerabilities in an application by assessing the system or network with various malicious approaches in website penetration testing. An authorized simulated attack exploits a system’s weak areas in this procedure.
This test aims to protect sensitive data from outsiders such as hackers who could get unauthorized access to the system. Once the vulnerability has been identified, it is used to access sensitive information via exploiting the system.
Website Penetration testing is also called a pen test or ethical hacker.
Need for Website Application Penetration Test
With ransomware attacks happening every year like Ryuk in 2019 and 2020, Wanna Cry in 2017, it’s important to run penetration testing regularly to protect our data from perpetrators. The Wanna Cry ransomware attack was a well-known ransomware attack, affecting over 200,000 machines in over 150 countries.
- It can be used as a software release cycle to develop high-quality software products.
- To understand the level of risk in the system.
- To access the impact of attacks in an organization.
- To secure the data while transferring from one network to another.
- Many organization uses this methodology to secure their user data from hackers.
Data is a very important tool; it can be used for good and the worst for people.
Process of testing
- Data collection
- Analysis of vulnerability
- Exploitation Analysis
- Report for taking concern action.
Data is a very important tool; it can be used for good and the worst for people. So, the website penetration test or security tests must be for everyone to have a secure system. Many companies perform website penetration testing for organizations and help them safeguard their data.